[ic] how should you totally log out when cookie login enabled

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jan 9 12:34:00 2003

At 10:53 AM 01/09/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I am wanting to make sure I am not missing anything
>here on the logout.  When cookie login is enabled,
>which I need, then I cannot figure out how to really
>log out so that IC will require a login again.  Is this
>possible?
>
>  I tried using the info from the default foundation
>'logout' page and also tried a logout  button made
>from an mv_todo=cancel, but neither is giving the
>desired results.
>
>This is the case even when closing the browser
>and opening another one as well.
>
>Thanks
>--
>Aaron

You just need to clear the client's cookies. Try putting this your logout.html:

[set-cookie name=MV_USERNAME value=""]
[set-cookie name=MV_PASSWORD value=""]

- Ed L.

463 Main St., Suite D         eCommerce | Consulting | Hosting
Placerville, CA  95667        edl@newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (530) 622-9426 Fax