[ic] Ups interface for Ups Online Tools

interch interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jan 10 17:25:01 2003

I have placed a tarball of my implementation of the Ups Online Tools at
http://ic2.paymentonline.com/ups/ups.tar.gz.  It is basically a replacement
for Business::UPS.  It also includes a modified ups-query tag and
shipping.asc.  I have done some testing on it, but it was thrown together
fairly quickly.

Read the README file to see a quick installation guide.  You will also need
one of the perl SSL modules installed and XML::Simple.  If you use one of
the payment gateway modules that uses ssl, you should be ok for ssl.
XML::Simple I think you will have to grab from cpan.  There might be more
dependancies also, I can't remember since I am using freebsd and installed
using a port.

One thing it does do is move some functionality out of the perl module and
into Interchange itself.  So you can now configure your pickup type, set the
packaging type in shipping.asc if you wish, etc..

And don't use this if you aren't familiar with Interchange.  If it breaks
something, it's on your head.  It works for me, but your setup might be
different.

Chris