[ic] Static HTML pages

Keyur Shah interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Jan 12 20:42:01 2003

> Can I do a similar action in Interchange. I would
like
> to keep the static html pages and add the
appropriate
> form code in the html to add the product into the
> cart. I don't mind recreating the product in the
> database if this is possible. Any help would be
> appreciated.

>yes:

> <a

href="http://yourdomain.com/path_to_cart_cgi/cart.cgi/order.html?mv_order_it
em=itmecodei">Order the item</a>

> will put the item to the cart.

> David

Thanks for the help. This adds the item to the cart,
but in the cart, under Description, the link back to
the product goes to the interchange product page. My
product pages currently are structured as

mysite.com/bluewidget.html

whereas the interchange goes back to
mysite.com/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/os28086.html

if i can get the link back to change to my actual
product page or create some kind of redirect in the
interchange generated page to my static html page,
that would be great.

David, I also looked into your hosting service and
would be interested. I sent a note to support but you
can contact me directly.

I also looked at PatSpiderizer, and it seems kinda
dangerous. Google gets pretty picky about the hosts it
searches and a tool like that may be alright, but you
never know with google. I'd rather create a proper
search friendly site from the beginning.

Thanks.