[ic] embedded perl

stjohn interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jan 13 09:28:00 2003

Hi all, I working on a piece of embedded perl for my index.html page.  I
want to display a section of products with there large image and a brief
description.  I've been looking at some of the other "components" that come
with Interchange, in particular the specials and promos components.

Now I need some more information relating to the "objects"  $Tag and
$Scratch.  I can't find where these objects are declared or what they relate
to, and therefore, how to use them.  They appear to be global and from the
limited information on the rtfm site I've found that they are created /
instanciated for each user session (I think :-).  However I need some more
information on how they work (i.e. what methods & properties are available)
and what exactly they do (i.e. how to use them) - how do I do this with perl
?

For example, I'm looking at the piece of embedded perl below and I can't
find references anywhere to : $Tag, $Scratch and $Tmp.

  delete $Scratch->{product_info};
  my $date = $Tag->time( { body => '%Y%m%d' } );
  $ref = $Tmp->{main} or return;
  my $matches = $Tag->control("matches",10);

Any help or pointers would be excellent, thanks in advance,

Mike C