[ic] On restart of IC in rpc mode, 2 IC processes are not stopped

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jan 14 03:46:00 2003

Kevin Walsh wrote:
> Joachim Leidinger [jojo@blackpoint.de] wrote:
>
>>Ron Phipps wrote:
>>
>>>I'm running IC on Redhat 7.3 all errata up to date, Perl 5.6.1, mysql,
>>>dual Xeon P4, 2GB ram.  The IC services is running in RPC mode, I have
>>>tested with both MaxServers set to 0 and no MaxServers setting within
>>>the RPC block in interchange.cfg.
>>>
>>>(snip)
>>>
>>>If you count the number of processes it increases by two each time.
>>>This continues in this fashion unless I do a killall and then restart
>>>IC.  You can probably figure out on a development server that IC would
>>>be restarted a lot and this leaves a lot of processes which are not
>>>doing anything.
>>>

>>I can confirm this behavior with IC 4.8.6, FreeBSD and Perl 5.8! But I
>>can't increase the number of the processes with several restarting of
>>the IC server.
>>

> Out of interest, are you (either of you) running the with UNIX or
> INET-mode?

UNIX-mode only!

There are two other coworkers, who use the same IC in the same machine.
I've asked them for more informations (how to start, stop or restart IC)
and
did not get the answer yet. I want to know, if they stop, start or
restart IC with another commands than me.
It seems to, if there are some syntax errors and/or one of the running
IC Server is very busy, some IC Server will not stop or end by any
command like

bin/interchange --stop
or
bin/interchange -u -r

In the error.log file, i have for example

- - - [27/November/2002:17:38:35 +0100] - - page server pid 32045 won't die!
- - - [27/November/2002:17:38:39 +0100] - - page server pid 32043 won't die!
- - - [27/November/2002:17:38:39 +0100] - - page server pid 32047 won't die!
- - - [27/November/2002:17:38:43 +0100] - - page server pid 32049 won't die!

What kind of the reason can that be?

Thanks!

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger
leidinger@bpanet.de

Black Point Arts Internet Solutions GmbH
Berner Strasse 117
60437 Frankfurt
Tel. 069-952-181-30
Fax. 069-952-181-41

Vertretungsberechtigt: Dirk Estenfeld
Handelsregister: HRB 50093 Frankfurt am Main
USt.-IdNr. de210106871

Besuchen Sie uns im Internet unter
--> http://www.bpanet.de

Wollen auch Sie Ihre Kunden schnell und unkompliziert über Neuigkeiten
informieren?
--> http://www.sendaround.de