[ic] 980.csv (zip.csv) problem not allowing internal lookup

Jon interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jan 14 21:25:01 2003

> >     Isn't there supposed to be the name of the CSV file after the
> > 'u' in the
> > second line ?
> > Something like            150   u Ground
> > Also be careful of hidden tabs so use something like vi to edit.
> >
> > Here is my upsg definition below from shipping.asc.  It seems to
> > work for me so
> > maybe it will help.
> >
> > Jon
> >
> > upsg    UPS Ground      weight  0       0       e Nothing to ship!
> > {'ui_ship_type' => "weight",'zone' => "ups276",'ups' => "0",'at_least' =>
> > "4",'adder' => "2.00",'PriceDivide' => "1",}
> > upsg    UPS Ground      weight  0       150     u Ground [value name=zip
> > filter=digits default=27616] 2.00              {'PriceDivide' => "1",}
> > upsg    UPS Ground      weight  150     999999  e @@TOTAL@@ lbs
> > too heavy for
> > UPS               {'PriceDivide' => "1",}
> >

> Thanks Jon,
>
> That make sense. I changed my shipping.asc to be similar, as below for
> example using the names of each rate file.
>
> UPSGND  UPS Ground      weight  0       0       e Nothing to ship!
> {'ui_ship_type' => "UPSI",'table' => "Ground",'zone' => "980",'ups' =>
> "1",'at_least' =>$
> UPSGND  UPS Ground      weight  0       150     u Ground [value name=zip
> filter=digits default=98045]
> UPSGND  UPS Ground      weight  150     9999999 e Too heavy for UPS
>
> But I get the same error on IC restart. Hmmm. BTW I used the Pico editor to
> do it. I'll look at it in vi to see if there's any difference.

    Now look at your first line. The, in your case, UPSI needs to match your
zone
table headers.... don't quote me there it has been a while since I dug into this

shipping stuff.  Also in the first line where you have Ground, that needs to be
your
zone file. If my memory is correct.. The basic flow is to take your zone file
and search
for the destination zip code (first 3 digits) to find a ship to zone value which
is an index
into the rate table, in this case Ground.  In your case the zone file would be
called something
like ups980 to match your from zip code. You would get this file from the UPS
web site.

Jon