[ic] Extending a UPS Zone File above 150

Jon interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jan 14 23:29:02 2003

> Here's the problem:
> I want to be able to extend our UPS Internal Lookup file past the 150lbs
> mark, I have the data and have entered (up to 300lbs) into the csv file,
> but when I check out goods above the 150 mark this shipping option does
> not appear, (it works perfectly for orders up to 150lbs). I have another
> quick fix shipping option that works on formulas for weights above
> 150lbs and it shows in these cases, but I would prefer to use the zone
> files.
>
> I would like the settings to allow for shipping weights up to 1000lbs
> although we rarely ship above 600lbs on an individual order.
>
> Is there a limitation somewhere in IC that restricts the Internal UPS
> lookup from going above 150 lbs and if so can it be over-ridden?
>
> Or is there a way of calculating shipping for each item in a cart
> separately and then showing the total cost?
>
> Using IC 4.9.3. on cPanel (so accessing much of IC can be limited)

    First of all make sure you have read/write access to shipping.asc and
the
associated rate table file. This may not be the case for a cPanel hosted
site.

    If I'm not mistaken all you need to do is modify the limit value in
shipping.asc
here is just a snip-it not the whole thing:

upsg    UPS Ground      weight  0       150     u Ground

Change the 150 to something higher... 600 I guess, and
then make sure you have every pound 150 - 600 covered in the rate table.
Or at least an entry for every weight you'll need a match for.
That I think would be the Interchange part
But does/would UPS, or whatever carrier,  provide such a rate table ?

Jon