[ic] Return Click Bar

Jon interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jan 15 00:12:00 2003

> > >     How to build a one-click type search path bar that would
> > > look something like the following...
> > >
> > > Home -> ProductLevelItems -> CategoryLevelItems .....
> > >
> >     From additional searching, and a little sleep, I'm looking at the
> > history-scan tag ?  Is that the correct tag ?  I didn't see anything
> > in the documentation about it.  Maybe I'm a bit delusional but
> > I thought for sure some one had implemented this before.
>
>     I don't think history scan would do it.  The problem is that more
> information is necessary to determine how to do it.  What should the nav
> display if you jump straight to a product detail page (like via pasting the
> url in the browser)?  We need a little more information about how navigation
> occurs on your site in order to help.

    Thanks Jeff.

    The searches are currently related to either the prod_group or
category column from the products tables, or a combination of
the two columns.  Beyond that there would be, as you mentioned,
the product detail page. In that case I would assume that would
not require a link back to it, but would want to display the links
to get back to where they came from. So if on a detail (flypage)
then would see something like.

HomeLink -> prod_groupLink -> categoryLink -> SkuNonLink

If they went straight from front page to a detail page then would show

HomeLink -> SkuNonLink

Does that make sense ?  I've seen this feature on web sites, but
can't recall one now that I'm looking for it, and I thought some has
done this in IC.

Thanks again.
Jon