[ic] Talking about cPanel -- possible to make a deal?

dzhang-msi interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jan 15 01:15:01 2003

Suggestion to icdevelgoup:

To what I can see, there are 3 main problems when interchange is under
cPanel:

1.    permition settings of files
2.    unable to use the restart command by a cart user
3.    UI not accessible to users.

Is it possible that icdevelgroup negotiates with cPanel to make a deal?

There is advantage of this.

1    cPanel does make the interchange more popular
2    cPanel has good control on collecting license fee.

If a deal can be reached, say $0.10 or $0.20 or so per month per
installation of cPanel goes to icdevelgroup, and the two parties work
together to solve the main problems to certern extend, it may be good to
both sides. icdevelgroup can use the fund to do many things, say: working
out a hard copy manuel, have some one working full time for coordinating the
integration, etc.

Just an idea to make things better. I don't know if it may or may not be
practical. Or, even it's tried already.

David
dzhang@msihosting.com
http://www.msihosting.com
Export -- ecommerce solution, Interchange hosting