[ic] Need Help Creating Items

Vadim Pushkin interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jan 15 22:35:01 2003

Hello:

New to this list but I spend a good amount of time
searhing the archives and found no answer helpful.
I am currently using a CVS of 4.9.6 and I am having
some difficulties setting up and creating items.

I sell computer memory and custom built desktop PC's
at local computer shows, I am now at the point where
I would like to begin selling via internet using
minivend/interchange.  I can not make item that
allows for multiple and dynamic changes for PC's
various options and parts.

For instance, if I create PC item, one that has
two CPU option, how do I also allow option for 2nd
CPU and for various CPU speeds? The same goes for
memory and hard drives. I sell tower that allows you
to have up to four hard disk drives, along with
floppy, DVD and or CD rom, BUT if you chooose DVD,
then you are not able to choose CDROM, and of
course vice-versa. I wish not to have to create many
items as it would prohibit me from allowing "Specials"
at a later time.

Here is my problem. You choose tower case. You choose
motherboard. Motherboard you choose allows two CPU's.
You are then allowed to buy one or two CPU's. (You
are only allowed to buy one if you had chosen a different
motherboard. Next you choose floppy, CD, DVD or JAZ
drive. If you choose all of the above, you only have
enough space for one hard drive. If you choose one floppy
and one DVD, then you are allowed two hard drives!!!

Does this make sense?

Can someone PLEASE, PLEASE help me to create item that removes
AND adds options based on previous choices?

I LOVE Interchange!!!

   Vadim Anatoly Pushkin
-- The Ukranian Stallion --