[ic] suid makecat

Tim Stoakes interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jan 16 22:43:00 2003

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 22:10:53 -0500
 cfm@maine.com wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 01:13:20PM +1030, Tim Stoakes wrote:
> > On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 21:19:05 -0500
> >  cfm@maine.com wrote:
--snip--
> > > reinventing cpanel? <LOL>
> >
> > After hearing so many bad comments about CPanel we did not go down that road. This is just for internal use anyway, so that we can setup many catalogs quickly with inexperienced staff.
>

> Just for internal use with inexperienced staff.
>
> Stop.

Perhaps a rephrase: staff that are not using the root account or the interchange account. They will be shielded from doing anything else by the wrapper script, with the only parameters being the catalog name and template type (sanity checked of course). Most people *should* be able to handle that level of technical skill surely?!

--
Tim Stoakes