[ic] Return Click Bar

Jeff Dafoe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jan 17 19:38:00 2003

>     The searches are currently related to either the prod_group or
> category column from the products tables, or a combination of
> the two columns.  Beyond that there would be, as you mentioned,
> the product detail page. In that case I would assume that would
> not require a link back to it, but would want to display the links
> to get back to where they came from. So if on a detail (flypage)
> then would see something like.
>
> HomeLink -> prod_groupLink -> categoryLink -> SkuNonLink
>
> If they went straight from front page to a detail page then would show
>
> HomeLink -> SkuNonLink
>
> Does that make sense ?  I've seen this feature on web sites, but
> can't recall one now that I'm looking for it, and I thought some has
> done this in IC.

    What is prod_groupLink a link to?  Do you have a landing page for each
category, or is it a direct search link?

    I have done this a couple of ways.  One way, we had two layers of
navigation, main category (prod_group) and subcategory (category).  As users
navigated to the landing pages for the categories and subcategories, we set
scratch variables to indicate what pages the user had passed through.
    Another way I have done this is by taking apart the last search and
looking at the prod_group and category search values.

Jeff