[ic] Return Click Bar

Jeff Dafoe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jan 17 21:46:01 2003

>     In that regard I'm pretty much like foundation and pretty much as
> you described.  I'm using the prod_group as a brand and the category
> as a product type.  Otherwise it is straight from the category_vertical
> component with only presentation changes.  I need to get more in tune
> with IC, the idea of setting a scratch variable, I guess in the component,
> makes sense.  Do I have that right ?

    Well, on the site that I set the scratch variables while passing through
landing pages, there were separate html pages for each prod_group and then
again for each category, so we just did a "set" command at the top of the
page.

>     Your other way; taking apart the last search, how do you do that
> exactly ??  I've tried dumping the scratch area and I don't see it in
> there.  I must be looking in the wrong place.  Even if I try the above
> suggestion I'd really like to know how to get access to the last
> search.

[if session last_search =~ /products/]
    [seti lastsearch][data session last_search][/seti]
[/if]

    Put that at the very top of your results.page .  The if statement is a
ghetto solution to keep lastsearch from being set to something we don't
really want when on result pages past the first (the "more" system).  You
will then be able to access the lastsearch value as a scratch variable.  The
complexity is that the lastsearch variable will contain the entire search
string (basically as it appears in the url) and you have to use perl's
"split" and/or regular expressions to take out the parameters you are
looking for.

Jeff