[ic] affiliates/index.html no worky in UI

Sun Jan 19 11:59:00 2003

Quoting Paul Jordan (paul@gishnetwork.com):
> Hi List
>
> Anybody else notice that affiliates/index.html cannot be edited in UI? I
> tried in 4.8.3, 4.9.6 and 4.9.7(devgroup demo). On 4.8.3 and 4.9.6 I tried
> in IE, and Mozilla. I am on Windows XP.
>
> It seems this block here:
>
> [if !session logged_in]
> [or session login_table ne 'affiliate']
>         [bounce page="affiliate/login"]
> [/if]
>

> causes IC to actually bounce to the page when trying to edit it. Even trying
> to [comment] the above block out won't help becuase the content editor
> ingnores *most* ITL. I say most becuase I have seen "floating" selectboxes,
> and background pages in the content editor, which usualy indicates and
> syntax error somewhere on the page, however the above looks fine to me.
>
> If I remove this:
> [or session login_table ne 'affiliate']
>
> I CAN then edit the page via ADMIN. This seems like maybe an issue with the
> content editor and the [or ...] tag in an [if] block. I tried an [and ...]
> also, and no joy.
>
> Can someone tell me where I should be looking to resolve this?

There is a problem with the [if ...] tag in some situations, and has
been for a long time. I should probably look to fix it considerably
better with a proper parser, but for the moment I have committed a
change to the page editor which solves this situation.

The change that is made will apply to all versions, but there
won't be any 4.9.6-specific fix made. It could be hand-edited
in based on this patch (or the patch might work as is):

522,537d521
< [calcn]
<       $page_content = <<'EoPA';
< [page-param CONTENT]
< EoPA
<       $page_preamble = <<'EoPB';
< [page-param PREAMBLE]
< EoPB
<       $page_postamble = <<'EoPC';
< [page-param POSTAMBLE]
< EoPC
<       for(\$page_content, \$page_preamble, \$page_postamble) {
<               chop $$_;
<       }
<       return;
< [/calcn]
<
550a535,550

> [calc]
>       $page_content = <<'EoPA';
> [page-param CONTENT]
> EoPA
>       $page_preamble = <<'EoPB';
> [page-param PREAMBLE]
> EoPB
>       $page_postamble = <<'EoPC';
> [page-param POSTAMBLE]
> EoPC
>       for(\$page_content, \$page_preamble, \$page_postamble) {
>               chop $$_;
>       }
>       return;
> [/calc]

Thanks for the report.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown