[ic] A few Interchange queries

Mon Jan 20 14:03:02 2003

Quoting Jay Sun (js9s@lycos.com):

> >A) Is it possible to build some automation into the order numbering system ?
> >What I mean by this is that the in the demo store, the order number appears
> >to be a simple iterator of whatever number code is entered. I want to set
> >the order number up so that it is a combination of date AND iterator ie at
> >the start of each day, the order number is set to the current date plus the
> >number 1 eg the first order today would be "20030120-1" - then this number
> >is incremented throughout the day until it is reset the next morning eg
> >20030121-1 tomorrow morning. Is this possible and if so - how can it be
> >done.
>
> sure, you just need to make changes in Order.pm. There is no trivial
> configuration changes for this as far as I know

Yes, there is. If you set a value in $Session->{mv_order_number}, that
will be used instead of the counter value.

If you are thinking of hacking an Interchange core module, I recommend
you don't do it. There is almost always a better way.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

How far can you open your mind before your brains fall out?