[ic] Adding new Product Groups and Categories, and new Menu items

Thanh Luong interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jan 21 11:23:00 2003

--- ICTech <ictech@computamerica.com> Tina wrote:

> I have two questions:
>
> (1)  I am building my store from the foundation store.  I added new
> Product
> Groups and Categories which I would like to show on the blue
> navigation bar,
> but only the pre-defined groups and categories are showing.  I then
> added
> new items and placed them in new categories as indicated on the new
> items
> page.  The changes were successful on the products table, but not
> shown on
> the blue products lists section (On the left side of page)
>
> I have not deleted the old categories/products, but added new ones.
> Eventually I will delete some of the categories and the initial
> product
> items in the catalogue.

How did you create the product groups, Did you go through the design
tab. Make some product groups and categories via the "Design" tab in
the Admin UI.  If you did that already then you probably forgot to
select "all" or "left" or both when it ask you for "page class" and
stuff. Make sure you click all and left so you actually highlight them
and select them.

> (2) While building on the Foundation Store, can I add additional
> menus to
> the Menu items,  - Currently, --Home, Login, Checkout, etc.  (the new
> menu
> items would point to other pages which I will write in html and
> upload to
> the site)

You could add more menus by editing the template files
LeftOnly, LeftRight, Noleft (i think those are the names)
however, the menus on the foundation use images. so I would recommend
to you to make all new images or simply use text only. otherwise you
will need to edit those .gif files and that usually doesnt out looking
too well. Maybe you can ask the developers for the original raw and
uncut image file so that you can just change the text and export it to
a .gif.
well
good luck,
tom