[ic] Thank-You on customer log in?

Jon interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jan 23 23:07:00 2003

> When I try the customer log in and sign up it takes the info and puts it in
> the database; however there is no indication to the customer that they have
> been inputed. They get no 'Thank-You for singing up' or receipt emailed to
> them.
>
> Is there a way to add some of this functionality?

    It seems with IC there is always a way and I came
up with something that seems to work.

    I modified new_account.html to require an email
address. Then with success the next page becomes
welcome_new_customer.html.  This file basically
generates an email to the new user and then bounces
them to the account page.  Of course you could
bounce them anywhere such as a welcome
splash page as some one else has suggested; good idea.

Jon