[ic] <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_matchlimit VALUE=10>

Jon interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jan 23 23:17:01 2003

> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_matchlimit VALUE=10>
>
> The above function works when I search my interchange site but does not work
> when I select product categories link. I have looked at the source code for
> the page and it seems to be identical.
>
> Here is the page that gives me 10 products via the search function:
>
> http://www.drinkandshrinknow.com/cgi-bin/sam/search.html?id=GeseTxdo&mv_pc=4
> 38
>
> Here is the page by clicking the product category link:
>
> http://www.drinkandshrinknow.com/cgi-bin/sam/scan/fi=products/st=db/co=yes/s
> f=category/se=Skin%20Care/va=banner_image=/va=banner_text=.html
>
> I am not sure what I am missing? I have had this problem for a while and
> still can't figure it out.

    I may be way off on what you're asking.  Are you wanting to limit the number

of items displayed on a page ?  Your top link provides a whole lot more then
10 products in total or per page. So I'm a bit confused... maybe other aren't.
Assuming you're trying to limit the number of products displayed per page
then you need to use the complex versus simple search function in the cat
and/or area table for each record.  With the complex search you'll be able
to set your matchlimit (ml) to whatever you like.  For example

http://www.drinkandshrinknow.com/cgi-bin/sam/scan/ml=10/fi=products/st=db/co=yes/s

f=category/se=Skin%20Care/va=banner_image=/va=banner_text=.html

Hope that is at all useful.

Jon