[ic] CC Authorize now, settle later

Fri Jan 24 10:19:00 2003

Quoting Matt Johnston (matt@thebackpacker.com):
> At 04:13 PM 1/22/03 -0500, you wrote:
> >Matt Johnston wrote:
> > >
> > > I am using the BoA payment module in 4.8.6.  I am also using
> > > a fulfillment
> > > company to handle the stocking and shipping of products.  For
> > > this reason,
> > > I don't want to complete the credit card sale until after the item is
> > > shipped (in case the item is currently out of stock).
> > > Looking through the
> > > BoA module, I see the "sale" transaction requires two
> > > requests to complete.
> >
> >The simplest way is to upgrade IC, as this feature is implemented
> >in the latest version.  If, on the other hand, you must stay with
> >the old version for the time being, as I had to, you can do the
> >following:
>

> I did the upgrade to 4.9.7 to use the Settle Transaction feature.  I have
> authorized an order and that goes well.  But when I try to settle the
> transaction through the order view, I get the following error:
>
> mv_credit_card_valid: Invalid transaction type ""
> settle_transaction: Order ID X8W...LQ7 settle operation failed. Reason:
> Invalid transaction type ""

I am not sure the IC BoA module supports post-auth. Assuming BoA does
itself, you would have to find out what the transaction type is and
make sure the Vend::Payment::BoA module uses the right transaction
type and passes all of the info properly.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. -- Francis Bacon