[ic] Re: Locale fixes

Sat Jan 25 12:15:59 2003

Quoting Toni Mueller (support-ic@oeko.net):

> Hi Mike,
>
> On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 08:37:22PM -0500, Mike Heins wrote:
> > With the code you have, you would need to use
> >
> > 	[currency convert=1] .... [/currency]
> >
> > This is now obviated with [currency locale=sv_SV] ... [/currency], which
> > forces convert=1.
>
> so I should get some current documentation first in order to do the
> right thing...

It is documented in ictags for the [currency ...] tag, and has been
for years.

> > > In flypage.html (with most of the HTML in between removed):
>
> I've transported this to the standard foundation shop, and it
> appears to work so far, but it badly breaks with a former example
> shop, applying the (wrong) PriceDivide at least once, and sometimes
> twice.
>
> > With a patch I put in yesterday, you would say:
> >
> > 	[currency locale=sv_SE][item-price noformat][/currency]
>
> This is what I converted everything to. I tried to set the default
> locale like this: Locale de_DE@euro in catalog.cfg. Tests are
> done with a fictious item priced 1495,- Euros. This time I
> checked across catalogue templates.
>
> The result is that if you don't use the locale data base as in
> locale.txt in foundation, the result you get is -VERY- dependend
> on the order of Locale statements in catalog.cfg. The default
> locale needs to be placed last.
>
> I would have preferred to be able setting the locale specific
> attributes in any order and have the default locale be determined
> either by saying
>
> Locale	a_A
> Locale	b_B
>
> and have the first/last be the default, or to be able to say
>
> LocaleDefault a_A

You can:

	DefaultLocale a_A

> and list the other locales that are present.

This I don't understand.

> > Of course the calc would still need to be in the body for the calculated
> > values...
>
> Yes. That makes for a clumsy source code, but hey - it works!
>
> > No setlocale need be done, and conversion is automatic.
>
> I found that using setlocale doesn't affect the result anymore
> when I write [currency locale=...] in the pages.

This I don't understand either.

> > Likewise, I enabled:
> >
> > 	[subtotal locale=sv_SV]
> > 	[salestax locale=sv_SV]
> > 	[shipping locale=sv_SV]
> > 	[handling locale=sv_SV]
> > 	[total-cost locale=sv_SV]
>
> This I had yet no time to test, but will come back later to you.
>
> While you are at it, this is on my wishlist:    ;-)
>
> [salestax [item-price noformat] locale=de_CH]
>
> to display the individual localized sales tax (taking into account
> the different taxing rules according to destination, product type
> etc) of an item in eg a flypage or a browse page, and likewise for
> the other tags. That would spare me to write all the clumsy [calc]
> sections or mangle my own UserTag-s for this purpose.

Actually, this is there for Salestax "multi" mode, but not to pass a raw
number to:

        [salestax country=DE locale=de_DE]

It would honor tax_category, etc, and follow it down if you had differing
taxes based on state and province.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

I have a cop friend who thinks he ought be able to give a new ticket;
"too dumb for conditions".