[ic] Using IC to accept payment for ebay auctions

J P interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jan 28 12:32:00 2003

I was wondering if anyone else has configured IC to
allow people winning ebay auctions to pay using IC
instead of paypal.  Personally I'd rather use my
merchant account and site, if nothing else it will
make some people aware of the site and maybe come back
to buy direct, tell their friends, etc.

What I am envisioning is to create a page that first
simply has input fields for auction number,
description, ebay id, winning bid amount and shipping
amount.  Then when they click on submit it takes them
to the secure checkout, but maybe a different version
of the regular checkout page.  It would have all the
regular info there but will also calculate their total
(bid, plus shipping and sales tax calc if necessary on
bid amount).  Then it would simply process as if any
other transaction was, although it would probably need
new email forms to be sent to the store admin and
customer that were tailored more to an ebay purchase
than a store purchase.

If anyone has done anything like that and is willing
to share some code, that would be greatly apprecaited.