[ic] Re: are size, color item fields used?

Michael Goldfarb interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jan 28 15:15:00 2003

>> You can use the options feature to provide size/color/etc.
>> functionality. You can also store additional product information in
the
>> products table like with foundation. If you want to show that
>> information on flypage, just use:
>>
>> [item-field FIELDNAME]
>
>Fair enough. Do you know what the intent is for the size and color
>columns in the products table for the foundation demo? Where does that
>info get used? I don't see any use at the moment.
>
>Regards,
>Gerry

Those columns have been a part of the products table for as long as I
have been using IC. Again, those have largely been replaced by the
options features, but they are an example of how you can store
additional product data and then display it wherever necessary.