[ic] Interpolate [include] or [file]?

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jan 28 18:01:01 2003

> I'm working on building a dynamic catalog browsing
> page.  The page gets a category of products from the
> URL and possibly a page number to show, else it shows
> the first in the category range.  These are images of
> whole catalog pages in jpeg format with image maps to
> go along with them.  It's a long story.
>
> What I'm wondering is if there's a way to interpolate
> the [include] or [file] tags.  I need to grab a
> different image map, each of which are stored in
> separate files, for inclusion in the page depending on
> what catalog page number I'm currently showing.  I've
> searched the archives and haven't been able to find a
> way to do this.
>
> What I'd like to do, basically, is:
>
> [include name="catalog/imagemaps/[scratch
> thispage].map"]
>
> But that doesn't work.  Or does it and I'm doing
> something wrong?

You have already asked this, and had a reply. Asking the same question again
when you didn't get the right answer last time will not really help.

I think you need to better explain what you need to interpolate. Is it the
contents of the included file, or the named parameter passed to the
[include] or [file] tag.

As you will see from the docs, [include] interpolates the file contents,
whereas [file] does not. There are some things which will not work in an
[include]d file though.

So, my answer is: Use [include].

Did I answer the right question?

Jonathan