[ic] Restricting the Products, Orders, and Merchandising List to those products Each User entered

ICTech interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jan 30 11:30:00 2003

I would like to limit the items shown on the lists mentioned above for Users
who do not belong to the Content Manager's group (i.e. users who were added
to the Merchandisers and Orders/Sales permission Groups).

To do this I believe I need to add a "Owner" field to the Products Table,
and populate this field with the Username of the user entering the product.

Then when a user (that is not the Content Manager/Power User) logs into the
Administration Area, and they select the Items tab, only the items they have
added will be shown, likewise when they select the Orders, Merchandising, or
Customers tab, they will see only the orders, Merchandise, or Customers who
have ordered the products they added.   This requires modifying the
selection criteria to restrict the items shown to the items matching the
UserName currently logged into the Admin Interface.

If you have any idea about adding New fields to the table, and how to use
this fields to restrict the items listed please let me know.

Thanks!

Tina.