[ic] Ebay auctions and Interchange

Chaim Klar interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jan 30 17:18:00 2003

HI:

>> If you just take the user to your "auction" page, and then check out...
how
>> are your transferring the final end of auction price to the page. In your
>> scenario, they are presented with your cart price and not the cost of
item
>> at end of auction (which may be higher than your cart price).

> Quoting Grant:
>
> Very true!  I'm planning on using fixed auction prices with the same price
> as the store price though.

Doesn't ebay send an email to the seller with the name of the bid winner and
the final winning price?

because if they do send, you can have ebay send the email to an POP account
and have a script that checks for new emails and parses the info and inserts
it to a database table, so if the user wants to pay for the auction he will
need to enter his ebay username and auction number and you will
automatically have the final price (without having the customer to enter it,
so he can't fool you).

Thank You
Chaim Klar
(718)871-6751