RE [ic] Upgrading to Red Hat 8.0

Geoff Sternecker interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jan 31 11:12:00 2003

On Friday 31 January 2003 12:56 pm, DB wrote:
> > Dear All Interchange Users
> >
> > I have several projects running in RedHat 7.0 and would like to know if
> > is safe to install interchange (last release) in a RedHat 8.0 server.

I have Interchange V4.9.5 running on a clean (non-upgrade) install of RH8
with the standard RH install of Apache 2, MySQL, and Perl.
I did the CPAN updates of DBI and kitchensink install of the bundle, and a
source build of Interchange. (note: This is not running under mod_perl and is
not a heavily used production system)
Recently there have been some updates to the RH rpm of MySQL which caused me
some very minor errors, I would apply all patches and upgrades <before> the
install of Interchange.

My heavy load production box is still running RH 7.3 and has been getting
updates via the RedHat Network, with their (RedHat's) new end of life
statements, I have been considering moving my programming box to Debian and
testing the waters with that.

Not intended as flamebait, just my $.02,
-GeoffS

--
Geoff Sternecker
Systems Administrator