[ic] upgrading to mysql

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jan 31 11:24:00 2003

mike karthauser wrote:

>I am running a store which when fully populated will hold around 3K items.
>
>It currently runs as GDBM but i would like to upgrade this to MySQL which is
>already installed on the server.
>
>Is there a route that people would recommended me take to do the upgrade?
>
>Much appreciated.

Hi Mike,

this is what I did, but with a products table containing over 20k of
SKU's.  Presuming that you have mySQL up and running and have not
altered the columns, it is rather easy.  Look in the dbconf folder for
that catalog you are working on, you'll see a default_db and a mysql
folder...  If in the default_db you rename the products.dbm file to
something else and create the products.mysql file in teh mysql folder,
then all you should need to do is be sure that your DSN information is
loaded for accessing mySQL and then restart IC.

I ran into complications at this point, primarily because I had screwed
with the format of the products table, but after messing with it, it
loaded and works great...

Barry

ps. just a side note, if you have added/altered tables in the default_db
folder, be sure to move copies of those .dbm files into the mysql folder
too!!!

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028