[ic] mv_pc and what all can be set using it

Chaim Klar interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jan 31 12:53:00 2003

HI:

>Quotting: "Shawn Mathews" <shawn@oceanebi.com>

>I've been checking some of the interchange code, and it seems that mv_pc is
>used
>for quite a few different things.
>
>Is there a list of what mv_pc can be set to and what it changes?
>
>Thanks,

It can be used for tracking affiliates (look @ affilliates in the admin) it
is also used for caching purposes (it is being added to all the links, so if
a customer clicks in twice to the same link it will look like a different
url, so the browser will make a new request instead of just showing a page
from your cache).

BTW I've been trying to get rid of this mv_pc 'cause I think it makes
problems for the search engines but I was unsuccessful.

Thank You
Chaim Klar