[ic] Moving A Store Within an IC Install

Paul Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jan 31 21:29:00 2003

> We're using IC 4.6 (don't ask) and we have two stores set up sharing the
> same catalog. One is the live store, and one is the development store.
> They function the same, write to the same database, etc. What we would
> like to do is move the edited pages from the development store to the
> live store.
>
> We tried to accomplish this by taking the edited files (regions,
> templates, pages) and copying them to their respective directories on
> the live store directory. This failed horribly.
>
> Is there something that we need to be wary of, or is there an easier
> way to do this?

Hi

I never used 4.6 but I assume it is pretty similar to 4.8. As long as you
have used [area] or [page] and haven't hardcoded links in pages, you should
be able to just copy them over, I do that with my dev/live store.  Also be
aware of the paths for images, don't hard code them either, that is where
__IMAGE_DIR__ and such come into play.

The one thing I never did was try to copy over templates. I seem to remember
there being an issue with that. You may want to recreate the template in
your live store and copy/paste the code for the templates from the dev
store. I think if you are just placing the template into directories, it may
not like it. I rememebr I could not just do that, so I got in the habbit of
creating the template and pasting the code. Infact, if I rememebr correctly
I had to go back and reset all the templates (in the pages) also. (this was
all in 4.8.3) I have not had to do it since.

Anyways, in short, IMO I think the problem is with the copying over of
templates (not the pages), but I could be wrong.

Like Dan said, 4.9 could have something better... I dunno

Paul