[ic] Restart and stop problems (multilple processes)

Daniel Hutchison interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jan 31 23:21:01 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 18:15, Dorothy Puma wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm running interchange 4.9.5 on a Solaris 5.8 system and I'm noticing
> that I'm unable to stop an interchange process with out a kill of the
> PID. If I try to use the /opt/interchange/bin/interchange --stop I get
> the following error
>
> bin/interchange --stop
> The previous Interchange server was not running and probably
> terminated with an error.
> Killing Interchange server 0 with TERM.
> Terminated
>
> The PID file is setup in interchange.cfg to be:
> /opt/interchange/etc/interchange.pid and it does exist with the correct
> PID number. So I am not sure why I can't stop the server. I also get the
> same problem with doing a restart, but then I get multiple processes.
>
> I didn't have any problems when I was running 4.8.6, this just started
> after installing 4.9.5
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on what I'm missing??

I saw this same issue when I was testing 4.9.5 out on a solaris 7 box.
It looked to me like the 'interchange --stop' command was overwriting
the pid file before it read its contents.  You can see this by checking
the pid file before and after you run the stop command.

Hope that sheds some light on the problem,

-daniel