[ic] QuickBooks Export/Import Files

Jon prtyof5 at attglobal.net
Sat Jul 5 20:09:13 EDT 2003

> * Jon <prtyof5 at attglobal.net> [2003-07-01 23:16]:
> > > * Jon <prtyof5 at attglobal.net> [2003-07-01 18:49]:

> > > The tarball has extensions/quickbooks/* -- is that what you are looking for?
> > > FYI, I have a couple of patches (bug fixes and enhancements) that I
> > > need to apply to the 4.9 tree RSN.
> >
> >     Which files have the bugs ?
>
> Now applied to CVS:
>
> * Quickbooks updates:
>
>   - Updated documentation.
>
>   - Installation fixes.
>
>   - Rewrite of the IIF generation query page:
>     - Can query by order number range, date range, or "since last
>       generation"
>     - Allow specification of QuickBooks invoice number to be used
>       and incremented during IIF generation.
>     - Filters out deleted orders.
>
>   - IIF Generation changes:
>     - Use the country name instead of the country code.
>     - Some filter updates (the period is not as dangerous as it looks).
>

> > > If you are referring to IIF files, QB distributes examples on their
> > > website.
> > >

> >      Yes, I've looked around at their site some time ago and will do
> > so again.  But I was hoping someone would share a set of files that for
> > sure works to play with and compare my results with.
> >

> The new code (4.9 CVS) is currently set to generate IIF files that will
> import into the Quickbooks 2003 example company file.  However, since many
> users customize their QuickBooks installation, then it becomes necessary to
> customize the IIF generator.

  Thanks for the update Dan.  My implementation is completely Matrix options
which didn't seem to work real well with your export facility. I tried tweaking it
to fit my products and didn't have much luck. I was able to generate my export
files, including using the ITEMADJ QuickBooks transaction using IC tags
(have I said before how easy it is to do stuff with IC... anyway), but my real
dilemma is knowing whether the files I'm creating are accurate. I've poked around
the QuickBooks site at their examples and they don't quite cover. Having a set of
example export files that I can reverse engineer for my products I think is what
I really need; though I could be wrong.

Thanks again.

Jon