[ic] Look ahead at next value in a query/list?

Interchange User interchange at framework.cx
Mon Jul 7 12:27:51 EDT 2003

Hi all,

Is there a way to look ahead at values returned by a [query] to tell if
there is another record about to be returned in between the
[list][/list] tags?  For instance, I have the following code, which
returns a list of authors from a table.  I want to put the comma after
"[sql-param author]" only if there's another author in the list, but
not at the end.

			sql="select author FROM authors where article = '[item-code]' ORDER
BY authorship"
			[sql-param author],

Currently, I end up with something like

"Johnson J, Nichols RJ, Koch C, Gray J, Will L, Ernst B,"

and I'd like to not put the comma in if I'm at the end of my results