[ic] custom search / results pages on new table

Nicholas Cook ncook at intropolis.com
Tue Jul 8 00:19:21 EDT 2003

I have been trying to write a custom search page and results page that
runs against a table that I added to the database (RH8, IC 4.98, Mysql
3.23.56).  I have no problem seeing the table, or editing it through the
admin side.  My search pages appear to work, but I seem to be missing
something when trying to get the results to display.

My search looks like this:
<form action="[area search]" method=post>
    [seti phone_search]
<input type=hidden name=mv_profile value=phone_search>
<input type=text name=mv_searchspec size=15 value="">
<input type="image" alt="[L]Search[/L]"
src="__THEME_IMG_DIR__search.png" border=0 width="20" height="20">

I won't waste anybody's time by posting my results page because it just
doesn't work, outside of me being able to get the number of hits back.

Can anybody post a functional example of a search page and results page
against a table that they added to their database?

Thank you,
Nicholas Cook