[ic] interchange hosting

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Tue Jul 8 20:55:58 EDT 2003

> I have been running an IC site for some 8 months now and am just about to
> move hosts for the 3rd time. The first two times were with people that didnt
> support IC but offered it and that very quickly ran into problems. My latest
> host, although supports interchange seems more content to argue than keep
> the site up. To this extent I have decided to move hosts. Although eager to
> get the business in the beggining the level of support has dropped to a
> ridiculous argumentative position. The shop has now been down for 10 days.
> No I am not kidding!
> Can anyone point me in the direction of a "decent" host, one that knows what
> customer satisfaction means. Or if you have moved hosts yourself, was it
> easy? Any tips and information would be very appreciated.
> Thanks
> Ian

Ian, there is a interchange-biz you can post this on (more appropriate). I
would think those that host keep their eye on that list (at least they should).

In reality, if you plan to make money with IC, and do business responsibly, and
professionally, you probably gonna end up with a good host (lower end shared)
say $35 - $50 month. Excellent service could probably be found for $50 - $70
dollars a month and higher. ($USD)

Ed Lafrance is a nice guy. I don't seem to need to much support lately, but
when I do I know for sure he can handle it. He is with www.newmediaems.com

HTH Paul