[ic] Displaying SQL-Errors in the Administration Panel

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Thu Jul 10 09:40:26 EDT 2003

Quoting Stefan Hornburg (Racke) (racke at linuxia.de):
> On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 22:28:53 -0400
> Mike Heins <mike at perusion.com> wrote:
>
> > Quoting Stefan Hornburg (Racke) (racke at linuxia.de):

> > > As long as there is no Internal Server Error, these messages can be
> > > found in the catalog error log, but a feedback for the user is really
> > > a good idea.
> > >

> > I am working on it now. There is some question in my mind as to
> > what should be done on an error, and my inclination is to do this:

[snip]

> > Does this seem reasonable?
>
> This plan sounds very reasonable. Have you thought about a way
> to notice callers like the following:
>
> [perl tables=foo]
> $Db{foo}->query({selectx from bar});
> [/perl]
>
> about the fates of their queries ?

It will return undef. I think perhaps we can set up a $Db{foo}->last_error()
routine accessing an error variable in the object.

> BTW: Why does mailman adds the sender now to reply-to ??

Because we updated and it now has a gazillion new options. That is
one that was turned on by the update, but is now off.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike at perusion.com>

Experience is what allows you to recognize a mistake the second
time you make it. -- unknown