[ic] using custom route & profile for custom route code

Charles B. Currier cbcurrier at spinrx.com
Thu Jul 10 13:05:51 EDT 2003

Have been doing some research on custom routes & routes by item. However I
have not found a clear explanation as to the proper field to add to the
products db for a unique route by item. So my question is:
What is the name of the necessary field to add to the products table to
enable  routing by item or is this to be done at checkout in the cart? I
believe that the example used in documentation uses a field called
goods_type but what is the context value? what is the length & type of the
field?

Also once the route is defined for an item, I am working on actual code
that needs to be run following authorization for fulfillment. I believe
that the best way to do this is to customize a profile to execute perl
code. Is this familiar to any of you? Is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks in advance for your review & response.
Interchange is a great application & I use it quite a bit.
--
C.B. Currier