[ic] Default State selection in checkout.html

DB DB at M-and-D.com
Wed Jul 16 10:51:33 EDT 2003

> You should just be able to put something like <option value="">Select
> State</option> just under <select name="state">. Depending on the checkout
> profile settings, the user will get an error and the field will be
> highlighted in red if he submits without selecting.
>
> Cameron

Here's the section where (I think) the dropdown list is created.

               [loop search="
                 fi=state.txt
                 sf=country
                 se=[default country US]
                 rf=state,name,country
                 tf=sorder,name
                 ml=100
               "
               option=state]
               [on-match]<SELECT onChange="check_tax(this.form)"
NAME=state>[/on-match]
               [list]
               [loop-change 1][condition][loop-param country][/condition]
               <OPTGROUP LABEL="[data table=country col=name
key='[loop-param country]']">
               [/loop-change 1]
               <OPTION VALUE="[loop-code]">[loop-pos 1]
               [/list]
               [on-match]</SELECT>[/on-match]
               [no-match]<INPUT NAME=state VALUE="[value state]"
SIZE=20>[/no-match]
               [/loop]

Sorry to be dumb, but can you tell me where exactly I should put your
suggestion? Thanks again!

DB