[ic] Quickbooks - installation confusion

Dorothy Puma dorothy at digilink.net
Wed Jul 16 09:33:52 EDT 2003

Hello all,

I'm trying to get the Quickbooks module integrated into my IC 4.9.8
(gdbm, perl 5.6.1, Solaris8 x86) catalog and I'm having some
difficulties.  The documentation does not match the files and I'm not
sure which files to use/or not use.  I'm currently using the latest
version from CVS.

1) I followed the directions on
http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/docs/rtfm_ic_howto_qb.html and got
things up and running. I have the .iif files in my orders directory
(these are by order) and can be viewed or downloaded from the UI. The
documentation indicated that these would actually be setup as
qbYYYYMMDD.iif files, which would be better than the by order that it's
currently doing.

2) When I go into the UI and run the "Generate Quickbooks IIF Files" I
get successful generation, but the files are blank. This is what I get
in my error log (I'm not running mysql):

Bad SQL statement: Parse error near NOT LIKE '%(syncronized)'
 >             LIMIT 50
 >
 >      at /opt/interchange-4.9.8/lib/Vend/Scan.pm line 600.
 >
 > Query was:
 >         SELECT        *
 >         FROM        transactions
 >         WHERE        1=1
 >         AND            deleted != 1
 >

 >             AND order_number = '30025'
 >

 >             AND comments NOT LIKE '%(syncronized)'
 >             LIMIT 50
 >
 >      at /opt/interchange-4.9.8/lib/Vend/Table/Common.pm line 715
 >
 > query was:
 >         SELECT        *
 >         FROM        transactions
 >         WHERE        1=1
 >         AND            deleted != 1
 >

 >             AND order_number = '30025'
 >

 >             AND comments NOT LIKE '%(syncronized)'
 >             LIMIT 50

3) When I ran the installation script, the following was added to my
catalog.cfg file:
# Allows Variable    vars/TRANS_QUICKBOOKS
DirConfig vars
# You can remove these requires if you don't want to use the
# Quickbooks UI menu items
Require usertag import_quicken_items
Require usertag export_quicken_items

But I get the following error when trying to start interchange:
Vend::Payment::AuthorizeNet payment module initialized, using LWP and
Crypt::SSLeay
Low traffic settings.
Calling UI......UI is loaded...
Interchange V4.9.8
Configuring catalog pm...Using default DBM database...DirConfig called
for non-hash configuration directive.
In line 6 of the configuration file 'catalog.cfg':

pm config error: DirConfig called for non-hash configuration directive.
In line 6 of the configuration file 'catalog.cfg':

pm: error in configuration. Skipping.
pm: config error. Skipping.

If anyone has any ideas what I might be missing, please let me know.
Basically I'd like to either have the .iif files created on a by day
basis when the orders are placed, or be able to generate the .iif files
in the UI.

Thank you,
Dorothy