[ic] extracting encrypted cc number from order file

Aaron Hazelton aaronmail at hazenet.net
Mon Jul 21 14:15:02 EDT 2003

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 13:21:28 +0200, Stefan Hornburg <racke at linuxia.de>
wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:53:13 +0100
> "Jonathan Clark" <jonc at webmaint.com> wrote:
>

>> > IC 4.8.3
>> >
>> > First of all, dont panic, im not trying to retrieve a decrypted
>> > number or do the decrypting on the server.  However, I would like to
>> be
>> > able to retrieve the PGP Block from the order file
>> > in the admin so that you dont have to open up ftp in order to
>> > get the card number block for a repeat customer.
>> >
>> > Here is what I have so far (please be kind, I really dont know much
>> perl,
>> > just adapted this from a maillist)
>> >
>> > [calc]
>> > my $order = [file name="orders/[scratch lookup]" interpolate=1];
>> > $cc = (split(/Info\:(.*?)Payment/, $order))[1];
>> > return $cc;
>> > [/calc]
>> >
>> > This appears to kind of be working, even if its a stupid way
>> > of doing it.  However, in the error log (since I get NO output)
>> > it is complaining about special characters that need to have
>> > a "\" in front of them that are contained in this string, which
>> > is the whole order file.
>> >
>> > I have not found anything like this on the list, and even
>> > though I know it is really a perl question, is anyone willing to give
>> me
>> > some direction?  All I really want is to
>> > print to the browser the text block including the BEGIN and END lines
>> so
>> > that you can copy right from there to decrypt
>> > it if you have admin access to that page and of course the passphrase.
>> > am using PGP for windows to decrypt the clipboard.
>> >
>> > Thanks a lot!
>>
>> I would be tempted to add a field to the transactions table (say
>> cc_details)
>> to store the encrypted block and then just pull it out of the table when
>> needed.

this would work fine.  I decided to go the other route, because
that would allow me to grab old orders as well ... thanks for the
input.

>> If you edit the etc/log_transaction file you can add the field in there
>> for
>> when it writes the order. Something like:
>>
>> cc_details: [value name=mv_credit_card_info filter=mac]
>>
>> in amongst the [import table=transactions type=LINE continue=NOTES] tag.
>
> The UI in 4.9.x contains a facility to retrieve and decrypt the PGP block
> in orders/* (see pages/admin/order_view).
>
> Bye
> 	Racke

thanks to both of you.  I had not noticed that new feature in the 4.9.x
versions.  I adapted that same method (since I cannot upgrade
now) and it works great for what I need!

if anyone else is interested, then Ill post it...

--
Aaron Hazelton
Hazenet.net