[ic] Design Editor/Menu help

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Thu Jul 24 01:54:33 EDT 2003

Quoting Brian Kosick (briank at nacs.net):
> Hello All,
> I'm using IC 4.9.8 7/21/2003 nightly.  perl 5.8.0 (compiled from
> source), redhat 9, and apache 2.0.40.  My issue is that when I create a
> menu with the design editor, and try to publish it, it saves the file in
> include/menus/projects.txt, but fails to write to the tree DB with the
> error:
>
> wrasse.bsktech.net 7zmKyLUo:bsktech.net - [23/July/2003:21:27:40 -0600]
> foundation /cgi-bin/foundation/aboutus.html Runtime error: Can't locate
> object method "dbh" via package "Vend::Table::GDBM" at (tag 'control')
> line 137.
>
> I've made sure that I have Storable .10021.

Trees won't work, really, with GDBM. They will be so slow as to be
unusable. You need a SQL database.

> When I try to add the project menu, to a page, I get "No current values"
> in the menu set widget.  What info would I need to fill in to manually
> get this menu file (projects) to be recognized?
>
> most everything else seems to work OK. except that Moz 1.3 crashes when
> I try to add a new item.

Known issue and a bug in Mozilla. 1.2.1 works, or you can change
the table editor not to use the tabbed display anywhere.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike at perusion.com>

Be patient. God isn't finished with me yet.  -- unknown