[ic] Payment gateways...

Jonathan Clark jonc at webmaint.com
Fri Jul 25 09:34:54 EDT 2003

> > > submit their cc
> > > waiting period
> > > to get one
> > >
> > > We came across this one through its integration with Quickbooks:
> > >
> > > http://www.sfcommerce.com/Solutions/ipp.asp?Lang=Eng
> > >
> > > They offer their own https service and also integration into your own
> > > backend. This info is available on their site, but not easy to
> > > find. I know
> > > its there, because they emailed me a link to it..which I can't find
> right
> > > now :-(
> >
> > Found it: http://www.sfcommerce.com/back-office/merchant.asp
> >
> > Jonathan.
> >

> Having a look through their site, they seem to claim that you DO need a
> merchant account, which was something i was hoping to avoid - i'd really
> just like them to mail me a cheque or wire it to some other
> account after a
> period of time has passed - long enough for them to feel satisfied they're
> not going to get frauded. getting a merchant account is a PITA...

>From the FAQ https://payment.firepay.com/surefire/ccs/reg/faq.jsp#faq4 :

"Can I use my existing merchant account with this service?

No. SureFire Commerce Payment Processing is an integrated merchant account
service. In addition to the processing of transactions, SureFire Commerce
Payment Processing tracks transaction information to allow SureFire Commerce
Payment Processing to automatically record credit card payments and credit
card expenses. "

I guess by "Merchant Account" they mean their own integrated one. From
experience, and certainly in the UK, this service can be used without having
a merchant account with your bank.

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Clark