[ic] "SIte index" page with 1000's of items

Jonathan Clark jonc at webmaint.com
Mon Jul 28 21:12:55 EDT 2003

> > I would suggest that you also make use of [timed-build] to
> reduce the length
> > of time it takes to create your pages:
> >
> > http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/dev/docfly.html?mv_arg=ictags04%2e76
> >

> Thanks for the tip.. I was indeed concerned about server load.
>
> I added this to the top my "site index" page (I found this example in
> the archives):
>
> [timed-build auto=1 force=1 minutes="100"]
>                   Built at [time]%c[/time].
>           [/timed-build]
>
> but I'm not sure I quite get it. Does this tag go at the top of the page
> exactly as shown, or should it warp around the entire page?

It wraps the part of the page to build as static. In your case, I expect it
will be the entire page. As an example, it is used in the foundation demo
around the left navigation, within the category_vertical component.

> Also, how do I know if it is working?

In the example above, if you put exactly that code in your page, you would
expect the enclosed part:

  Built at [time]%c[/time].

to be interpolated and then cached. You should see the date/time stays the
same on subsequent page views as that part is then cached.

Jonathan.

--
Jonathan Clark
Webmaint.com - Building Clever Websites   http://www.webmaint.com/