[ic] How to Filter vertical category list to include selected product-groups?

Jon interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jun 3 21:25:01 2003

> >    A quick simple answer...
> >Check out the fi, sf, op, and se tags for the loop tag
> >which is out of the box.
> >If you need more ask again.
>
> >Jon
>
> Thanks for your response..
>
> I am very un-skilled when it comes to programming with tags and perl
> etc..
>
> I have been getting around by fishing through the archives ..
> I have done similar links that can do search for all items and it shows
> it on the results page.
>
> HREF="...catalog.../scan/st=db/co=yes/sf=prod_group/se=Bars.html
> CLASS="barlink">All the Bars</A><BR>
>
> However, I want the filter to affect the left side mainly, not a seach.
> In file LEFTRIGHT_TOP : I see these components,
>
> [component group=vertical]
> [component group=content]
>
> How do we modify them to only show certain groups??
>
> Thanks.

    Not sure if you've discovered this or not but the IC components are in
templates/components .  So if you want to change the behavior of
component category_vertical then you would modify
templates/components/category_vertical
Slight disclaimer;  I'm still working with IC 4.9.3 so some file names
may have changed.

    Here is a thought, but I'm sure there are better ideas....
Since the vertical component is searching through the area table
to build the list could you use one of the existing columns to
match ?  For example could you use the which_page column
and apply a different value depending on what you want to show
up and then modify the sf, op, and se values to match ?
Otherwise you may have to join the area and cat tables and work
from there.

Jon