[ic] allow ordering more than in stock

Jon interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jun 3 21:53:00 2003

Steve Streich wrote:

> I spent quite a bit of time in the archives, and nothing seemed to fit what
> I am attempting.
> It would only be one not a couple functions, as it would not matter wether 1
> item was ordered and we had 0 or 10 ordered and we had 9. The message would
> still diplay as (for 0 stock) Ordering more than "0" may result in delays or
> backorders. This would then give the customer a choice of wether to continue
> and allow the delay/backorder or cut the item in the cart back to our
> current stock qty.
> Steve

Check out these links and see if this is what you're looking for
http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2002-March/019170.html
http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2000-December/002881.html
The second link is titled  'stopping customer from ordering more than in stock'
That may not be exactly what you're looking for but I think it can be modified
to fit your needs.  It has been a while but I think that is what I did.

Jon