[ic] Can a flypage live outside the pages directory?

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jun 5 11:49:00 2003

> Interchange 4.9.7, MySQL 4.1, Mac OS 10.2
>
> Is it possible to make a flypage in a directory other than pages?  I
> have pages/about/news, and I want to make a flypage that lists news
> articles in this directory.  Just putting a file called "flypage.html"
> does not work on my system, as I get "Sorry, the page (aboutus/news/12)
> was not found" when I attempt to hit an item by item ID.
>
> Come to think of it - I am using a field named "pub_id" as the unique
> identifier in this table.  Does that need to be sku, or does that not
> matter?

The flypage feature applies specifically to products, in the 'products'
table or whatever tables you have defined.

What you really need here is an ActionMap, where the action 'news' is used
to run a small piece of code which extracts the news item number and passes
it in a cgi arg to your special news page.

So, news/12.html would then turn into pages/news.html?id=12 behind the
scenes. This sort of thing is very useful for search engine optimisation
where you ideally want no cgi params at all.

Here is an example of one from the mailing list:

http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2002-September/026655.
html

good luck!

Jonathan