[ic] When I add new items via the interface, others disappear

Thomas Asher interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Jun 8 11:54:01 2003

Hello,

I am having an ongoing problem.  I am using Interchange 4.8.7, Perl version
5.6.1.  Whenever I try and add additional products via the interface, I lose
hundred of products already in the database.  In other words, the database
has 350 products in it.  I add an additional product, and suddenly, not only
is the new product not in the database, but I only have 100 products left!
The confusing part is, that if I go the the URL for one of the products that
dropped off, I can call the product page.  If I use the search feature the
look for that particular SKU, it can't be found.  I find that I have to back
up the products.txt and products.db after every product addition.  Sometimes
I can only get 1 or 2 products properly entered, and then suddenly 100
disappear.  HELP!!!

Regards,

Thomas E. Asher
Asher Web Design Corp.