[ic] Problems integrating quickbooks with ic

Christian Brink interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Jun 8 18:04:00 2003

> Hello,
> I am trying to integrate quickbooks with [ic] 4.8.6. I have completed
> the install process but when I restart interchange I get the following
> error.

[snip]

The bug is this next line.

>         my $rename_msg = <EOF;
> To make import match export, do query (for all relevant TABLEs):
>
> EOF

It's bad HEREDOC syntax. The line should read.

my $rename_msg = <<EOF;

or even better change to the qq/ / quote-like operator most of the time
it's cleaner than HEREDOC's.

my $rename_msg = qq/
 To make import match export, do query (for all relevant TABLEs):

/;

 HEREDOC's are generally (IMHO) only good when you have a large block, and
then it's better (still IMHO) to push out the to the interface layer
(templates).

I assume this perl module shipped without tests :(.

grep

Perlmonks: http://www.perlmonks.com/index.pl?node_id=133383
Speak Like Yoda:
http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/mod_perl/cpan-search?modinfo=224