[ic] calling lib/ perl module functions from embedded perl - email function?

Stefan Hornburg interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jun 9 19:07:00 2003

On Mon, 9 Jun 2003 15:33:41 -0400
"Andrew C." <linuxdev@musicalheritage.org> wrote:

> Hello icdevgroup.org.
>
> I do not totally understand the syntax behind calling a function in
> the Order.pm package from embedded perl.
>
> I try this:
> @return_array = Vend::Order::email('1', 'email', $username)
>
> but I get a Safe.pm error.  What am I doing incorrectly?

You can't call arbritrary Interchange functions from embedded Perl.
That is allowed only for global usertags and subroutines.

> Why in usertags are Vend packages simply referenced with the :: scope,
> i.e. ::logError()
> ?

These functions are exported to the main package, so you can access
them with the :: qualifier.

Bye
	Racke

Interchange Development Team