[ic] Tracking number with ship notice

Jon interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jun 17 23:59:00 2003

> I would like to add a tracking number to ship notices whenever they are
> valid. Has anyone figured out how to do this yet?
>
> David

David,

    I tried this myself the other day and gave up. The problem I ran into
with IC 4.9
is that there are 2 steps to completing a shipment in the order processing.
I found
that if you try to update the order status and enter a tracking number with
the same
click the tracking number is wiped out and not saved in the DB. So I
decided for now
to just have 2 clicks.  First click to update the status which also sends
out the email
notification and the second click to save the tracking number to the DB.
Not pretty but
I'm hoping to do better integration of shipping some time soon. (FedEx or
USPS
depending on which seems easier or whichever has more existing code).  What
did ended up doing is build the URL in the shipment notification email that
takes
the customer straight to the ship status page if their not registered.

Jon