[ic] Attempted database update without permission

Stefan Hornburg interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jun 18 05:04:01 2003

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 09:31:29 +0100
John Allman <allmanj@houseofireland.com> wrote:

> Bill Jordan wrote:
>
> >John said:
> >

> >>Hi - i recently set up interchange 4.6.5 on a debian stable box (yes,
> >>there is a reason for wanting the old version) and am now finding the
> >>admin interface to be acting up. whenever i attempt to add a new
> >>product
> >>it brings me to an error page that says:
> >>

> >>"The following error occurred:
> >>

> >>Please correct and try again.
> >>

> >>/Maybe you need to _*log in*_
> >><http://www.houseofireland.com/cgi-bin/hoi/admin/login.html>?/ "
> >>

> >>which isn't very helpful. I then must log in if i wish to view any of
> >>the admin pages. In the error log i find the following:
> >>

> >>192.168.0.145 XTQqvWU7:192.168.0.145 - [17/June/2003:12:31:58 +0100]
> >>hoi
> >>/cgi-bin/hoi/ui.html Attempted database update without permission,
> >>table=products key=newproduct.
> >>

> >>this results from attempting to create a product called newproduct.
> >>

> >>can anyone suggest what might be causing this, or a way to work out
> >>precicely what's going wrong?
> >>

> >>thanks
> >>

> > What Kind of database are you using?
> >

> Sorry - i totally should have said. Using mysql version 3.23.49. The sql
> username and password defined for this catalog are valid for this
> database and do have write permission for the products table. I'm at a
> loss as to what could be causing this.

Which browser do you use ? Does it recognize the cookie send by Interchange ?
Try to add this to the form in UI_STD_DBEDIT_TABLE and restart:

<input type=hidden name=mv_session_id value="[data session id]">

Bye
	Racke

Interchange Development Team